December’s health tip – Beat the bloat
- Practice the Holiday 70:30 rule. Whether it’s Christmas dinner or a buffet at your work’s party, bear this rule in mind and you won’t go wrong. Fill 70% of your plate with healthy food and choose whatever you like for the other 30%. (This rule is normally 80:20 but as it’s the holiday season a little leeway should be allowed.)
- One for one. When drinking alcohol, match one glass of water for every glass of wine, beer, spirit or cocktail. Your head and stomach will thank you the next day.
- The power of walking is something regular readers know we like to advocate. Throughout December try to include three brisk walks a week into your schedule. Your digestion, posture and general health will all benefit – just watch out for the ice!
Wishing all our patients a very happy holiday season,